Monday, April 29, 2013

Review – Sparkles By Julie: Water Lily


Monday! Woohoo! We made it through the weekend in one piece (hopefully). Hope everyone’s was great. Now I’m going to start this post off by apologizing. Today’s swatch is from the vault and sadly the Sparkles By Julie Polish Line is pretty much discontinued. However, if you do want a silver lining, maybe you could use this polish as inspiration for new creations?? Haha, just trying to find the bright side. Well today I am going to show you Water Lily which has multiple size hexes of gold holo, blue, and black all in a frosty shimmery white base. I am going to go ahead and warn you that these photos are from when I first started using the current light set up so pics may be a tad out of focus!









Now onto the review, I am a huge fan of the idea of this polish, really I am. Unfortunately I think that the frosty white base is a bit too opaque and it is hard to make out all the gorgeous glitter underneath. Even having said that, I still think the polish looks gorgeous as is so I really can’t complain. However, I had no issue getting any glitter out of the bottle or spreading it on the nail. Swatches show two coats plus one coat of fast dry top coat for smoothness.

Well that’s it for Water Lily. Hope everyone is ok with me featuring a discontinued polish (sorry again about that!). I will be back on Wednesday with more franken beauties so stay tuned! So until next time, remember to always keep it classy and creative!

xo 

4 comments:

  1. This polish is very cool looking. I agree with you about the base being to opaque. Glitters could be more vivid and easily seen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Auuuugh yes! And its so frustrating because I think it has so much potential! Maybe I can make my own version? Hmmmm.....

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...