Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Winnie the Blue- My take on a textured polish

Hi ladies! Hope everyone is doing well. We have hit our mid week mark so if nothing else, we have the end of the week to look forward to. We are working on packing up my house to get ready to move at the end of the month and lemme tell you what, moving is the bane of my existence. You never realize how much crap you have until its time to move it from one place to another.

Haha, tempting right? Manual labor, yay!

Well, we all know you aren't here to hear me complain so let's get to the good stuff shall we? Textures are all the rage right now and I've been curious enough to take the plunge....once... with Zoya Chyna. But that got me thinking, I said, "Hey totally adorable and modest self, what would be your interpretation of a textured polish?" which got me thinking. I decided to start with a matte base of Hard Candy Matte-ly in Love (which has sadly been discontinued in favor of the new Hard Candy polishes) and filled the bottle up about 2/3 of the way. I then added 3 large scoopfuls of TKB's Mo' Betta brown glitter as this was a great small microglitter which I thought would be better for texture. I followed it up with one scoopful of TKB Focus Blue Glitter, a true blue, size .008 metallic hex. This is a litle bigger than the brown but I thought it would give the polish more depth. Finally, I added a few drops of Color Club Haute Couture from the Haute Browns Collection (found at Ross under a completely different name by the way). I shook it up and what I created I called Winnie the Blue, because I'm punny like that:


The macro really shows the size difference between the glitters



The side swatch really shows the texture in the polish, and the matte base!

Here is the polish show with one coat of Sally Hansen Insta-Dry

Now, is this your standard texture polish? Oh heck no. I think my mistake might have been not adding enough Haute Couture to the base to make it more of a cohesive looking polish. Do I dig it? Heck yes I still do, it is not in your face blingy as the base was still matte and the texture glitter was fine enough not to get caught on anything. The polish was opaque in two coats and was thick due to the glitter, but not unmanageable . Dry time was surprisingly fast and there were no leveling issues.  Even more surprising, was this was actually not too difficult to remove. Standard acetone and a cotton ball did the trick!

Well that is all for Winnie the Blue, I might have to play with this one a little bit more to see what I can do and if something clicks, I will definitely let you know! Tune back in on Friday as I have a stunner of a franken and I am pretty stoked to show you! Remember, my giveaway is still going on, so don't forget to enter!

So, until next time my loves, remember to keep it classy and creative!

xo

Today's Supplies Came From:
* Hard Candy Matte-ly in Love: Walmart, but I'm sure can be found online
* TKB Mo' Betta Brown and Blue Focus Glitters: TKB Trading
* Color Club Haute Couture: Ross, but can also be found online


4 comments:

  1. I really love this one...the color combo is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jenna! I have to admit, I thought I was hilarious because of the name. Problem is, people don't usually tend to think I am as funny as I do :)

      Delete
  2. This one's cool! Love the colors together. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Liesl! I love how that the combination is kind of unconventional

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...