Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Dragon’s Blood


Hi ladies! I am super excited to be back! Hopefully you didn't mind (or even notice) the pre-scheduled posts but we got the last of our stuff moved over to the new place and the old place cleaned by about 11:30 last night. We opted to move over the course of the week versus in one day to save on stress. So phase one, (the move) is complete. Now onto phase two (the re-organization) which may or may not be just as tedious!

Now, I am not lying when I tell you that I thought about the name of this polish for a solid 20 minutes before coming up with it. Lol, I really have no clue why on Earth I have so much difficulty thinking of polish names; you’d think that’d be the easy part! I think I would rather have difficulty naming polishes than creating them though (its all about the silver linings!).

So today’s polish starts off with about half a bottle of TKB Glamour Base. I then added about 3-4 drops of TKB Basic Red Jellie. After that I added one small scoop of Gold Sparks!, two good sized scoops of Glitter Mix Boutique’s Magic Hex Mix (which are multi sixed iridescent hexes that mainly flash green, gold, blue, and purple),  and one good sized scoop of  Glitter Mix Boutique’s .040 Matte Brick Red Hex. After looking at the photos again,  the name really IS pretty fitting!




My camera is TRIPPING OUT with this photo for some reason?







Swatches show two thick coats plus one coat of Sally Hansen Insta-Dry. I love how wonderfully complex this polish is, especially with the addition of the matte brick red hexes to help add depth. There are so many things to look at in this polish its actually pretty distracting! Formula self leveled well and dry time was pretty good.

Well I hope you enjoyed checking out Dragon’s Blood, I will be back on Friday with a bright, summery neon so get excited! Hope you enjoy the rest of your day and until we meet again, remember to keep it classy and creative!

xo

Today’s Supplies Are From:
* TKB Trading: Glamour Base, Basic Red Jellie, and Gold Sparks
* Glitter Mix Boutique: Magic Hex Mix and .040 Matte Brick Red Hexes

4 comments:

  1. Wow! It's so cool that you pretty much made this polish yourself! I guess that explains your name... haha. I love the end result, and the base color is awesome!

    Congratulations on the move, and good luck re-organizing! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Finishing up the move is definitely a work in progress, hopefully it won't take too long!

      Delete
  2. Your name is very appropriate lol. You really cracked me up with this post. When i did use to franken I was the exact same way. Very pretty polish you made. A red with some extra pizazz.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Lol, I'm glad I'm not the only one! I was starting think there was something wrong with me. Ha!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...