Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Orange You Glad I Didn't Say Banana?

Hello ladies and happy hump day! In true meme fashion I bring you:
Photo found here
Have you guys ever had that "sweet its Friday!" mentality and then have it come crashing down when you realize it's really just Wednesday?? Meh is what I say to that!

So today I have created another holo because let's face it, you can't go wrong with holos. If you remember my last post, I mentioned wanting to try and deviate from my usual suspects in frankens so in doing that, I made an orange holo! I started off with half a bottle of TKB's Luster base. I then added 2 drops of TKB's basic red jellie and about 5 drops of TKB's basic yellow jellie. I then added one small scoop of Wonder Beauty Products Prismatic Platinum Illusion Powder (which if you remember is a 35 micron size Spectraflair dupe which provides linear holo finish in a polish). I finished this polish off with one small scoop of TKB's Gold Sparks! to keep the polish interesting even in somewhat low lighting (which is where traditional holos fall flat). In making this polish, I tried to make it a little bit lighter than what I wanted in real life as adding the Prismatic Powder sometimes makes the polish a few shades darker, which is what it did for this polish. I ended up naming it "Orange You Glad I Didn't Say Banana" partially maybe because I used to be a preschool teacher, but mostly because I am just a dork...


Had to get a couple shots to show the holo!


I apologize for that weird ridge on my pointer. My PVC basecoat effed up.

I love this shot, I think its great at showing the gold glow

This was taken with my Iphone next to a window, but I finally got the holo!

Swatches show two coats with no top coat. Dry time was a little longer than average but it self leveled well. The polish itself is gorgeous in my opinion but I'm still not too sure about oranges just yet.

Well that's it for Orange You Glad I Didn't Say Banana? Hope to see you back on Friday for a brand new franken! 

Until next time remember to always keep it classy and creative

xo

Today's Supplies Came From:
* TKB Luster base, basic red jellie, basic yellow jellie, and gold sparks!: TKB trading
* Platinum Prismatic Illusion Powder: Wonder Beauty Products (Oddly enough, this was not on Etsy when I just checked it but was listed last week. Hopefully it will be restocked soon!)



4 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...