Monday, April 15, 2013

Shipwrecked

Hello ladies, hope you are having a great start to your week! The highlight of my weekend, unfortunately seems to be the destruction of my Mac but thank goodness, I am able to work from my boyfriend's computer until I figure things out AND I have pictures edited for the next two weeks. WOO! I win... sort of. Hopefully everyone had a wonderful weekend with no destruction of property involved?




So I am excited to show you today's franken because it showcases one of the polishes I made using my brand new dot glitters from Glitter Unique! I check the website frequently as it specializes in solvent resistant glitter and the last time I checked, I found oodles of dots and lots of awesome glitters! Shipping was also surprisingly fast. Anyways, I started with about 1/3 of a bottle of TKB Luster Base and followed it up with about 3 drops of TKB Basic Blue Jellie and about 4 drops of TKB Basic Yellow Jellie. I then added 2 liberal scoops of Glitter Unique Ocean Mix Glitter ( which has various sizes of hexes and squares in matte mint green and lime green and teal hexes). I then followed it up with 2 scoops of Glitter Uniqie .040 Melon Green Dots and 2 medium sized scoops of Glitter Unique Ocean Blue Holo Dots .118. I mixed it up and was a created was utterly... aquatic. I named it shipwreck!


Sweet sweet dots! Come to mama!



Swatches show two thick dabbled coats plus one coat of Sally Hansen Insta-Dry. I love the squishy lovely jelly-ness and the way it mixes with the green and blue holo glitter. But let. me. tell. you. Those blue dots are difficult to fish out due to their larger size. Maybe its partially due to the smaller neck on the smaller bottle? All I know is it was easier for me to tip the bottle upside down, grab the blue holo dots, place them on the nail, and then fill in the spots around the nail to even it out. Alot of work, but still worth it. Even with the two thick coats, there is still visible nail line, so if this bothers you, a base color should do the trick!

Well that's all for Shipwrecked, I have some more dot glitter frankens coming up in the future so get excited! 

I look forward to seeing you back next time but until then, remember to keep it classy and creative!

xo

Today's Supplies Were From:

* Blue Holo Dots, Green Melon Dots, and Ocean Mix Glitters: Glitter Unique
* TKB Luster Base and Basic Blue/Yellow Jellie: TKB Trading 




6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, Becca :) Such a calming shade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely Liesl! Just wish it were as calming to apply as it looks when its finished, lol.

      Delete
  2. Awww your poor Mac :( . I didn't even know circle glitter existed. It's very pretty. You make me wanna make frankens every time I read your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a circle glitter party up in here! And why not make your own? You know I am always here to help!

      Delete
  3. NICE. I am in love with big circular glitters. And the name is totally bang on.
    Sorry to hear it's hard to get out those big fantastic dots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Athankyouverymuch! That means alot because I now how challenged I am at naming polish!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...