Monday, April 22, 2013

Purple Haze


Hello my lovelies! Hope you are having a wonderful beginning to your week! I just wanted to shoot you a heads up to let you know that over the next week and into the coming weekend, I will be in the process of moving and will therefore ATTEMPTING to schedule my posts ahead of time. I still want to make sure I post because consistency is important to me, but so is planning ahead, lol.

So without further ado, let’s move onto the polish! I’m sure most of you are familiar with the title and those of you who aren’t, Purple Haze is the name of a classic and friggen awesome classic rock song by Jimi Hendrix. If you haven’t heard it, go check it out or run the risk of being shunned :) The franken for today is a glitter topper that was actually made in a different color palette for a friend. I liked it so much that I created it for myself! I started with about 2/3 of  a bottle of TKB’s Luster Base. I then followed it up with 2 scoops each of TKB’s white square .025” and black square .025”. After that I added another 2 scoops each of Glitter Unique’s  Fuchsia .040 and Light Pink .040 Dots. I finished the creation off with one scoop of TKB Adam & Eve Glitter (which is a smaller particle holo fuchsia glitter) and one small scoop of TKB Purple Sparks. Finally, I topped the remainder off with suspension base and voila!










 The formula was great on this. It self leveled like a boss and was relatively smooth given the hodge podge that was being thrown in there. Swatches show one thickish coat that required minimal glitter placing and one coat of Sally Hansen Insta-Dry. I absolutely love how the small particle size of the Sparks helps to add a glowy aspect to this polish. Plus, it looks great over both dark and lighter colors!

Well that’s it for Purple Haze! Remember, even though I am moving, I will still be able to answer any and all questions or comments that you may have and I look forward to hearing them! So until next time, remember to keep it classy and creative!

xo

Today’s Supplies Are From:
* TKB Trading: Adam & Eve Gliter, Black Square .025”, White Square .025”, and Purple Sparks!
* Glitter Unique: Fuschia Dots .040 and Light Pink Dots .040

4 comments:

  1. I actually didn't recognize the name Purple Haze. Very fun mani. I love a good accent nail. Ohh and that bottle shot is amaaze-balls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For shame Courtney! That song is a classic ;) But thank you nonetheless!

      Delete
  2. Pretty much the name drew me in hook, line, and sinker. The fact that it's gorgeous doesn't hurt, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An Almost Famous movie and Jimi Hendrix lover? Be still my heart Liesl! Thank you :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...