Friday, April 26, 2013

Reptilia


Hello my beautiful polish lovers and happy Friday! In theory, I should be nearly all moved by now but really, who knows? What I do know is that moving is the worst. My silver lining is knowing we were able to get rid of a lot of junk we had lying around the old house and never used. So I guess it’s not all bad!

So for today’s polish, I started off with about half a bottle of TKB Luster Base. I then added about 2 drops of TKB Basic Blue Jellie and 3 drops of Basic Yellow Jellie (remember, these colors are super concentrated so use a light hand when mixing!) to create a dark jungle green jelly base. I then added between 4 and 6 good sized scoops of TKB’s Shanira Sun which is a glass fleck that shifts from gold to shades of green (think similar to the color shift in Chanel Peridot). What I created I called Reptilia because it reminds me of reptile scales; also, it’s the name of a pretty sweet jam from the band The Strokes. Here she is






Color shift!



More color shift! Woo!


 Now you’d be crazy if you didn’t agree that the polish is reminiscent of reptile skin! I absolutely love this gorgeous girl! Swatches show two coats (probably could have used three though) plus one coat of Sally Hansen Insta-Dry. Formula was absolutely wonderful, creamy, not to thick, and easy to control. It really is one of the more simple polishes but with such stunning results!

Well that’s it for Reptilia! I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and fingers crossed that the remainder of the move goes smoothly! And until we meet again, remember to keep it classy and creative!

xo

Today’s Supplies Are From:
* TKB Trading: Luster Base, Basic Blue Jellie, Basic Green Jellie, and Shanira Sun

10 comments:

  1. Thia one's AMAZING! I love the Peridot types and I LOVE me some glassfleck. Feel free to send a bottle thisaway, lol. ;) You knocked it out of the park with this one, Becca :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Liesl! I'm glad you like it. Definitely thinking ofmaking a full sized bottle for myself... which I never do.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Jenna dear! I love having a fellow green lover such as myself :)

      Delete
  3. Very pretty. I love the gold in this polish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Appreciate it! I love the gold too; and the fact that it's duochrome just totally does it for me :)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you so much Leisel! I appreciate the sweet comment!

      Delete
  5. This green is really awesome girl!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...