Friday, January 4, 2013

Toxic Moss

After I FINALLY figured out the name to this polish, I realized that it's pretty similar to Cult Nails' name for one of their polishes, Toxic Seaweed. The polishes are pretty different form each other though. So Polish Naming Writer's Block-1, lame uncreative polish naming me-0. Boo. Well anyways, today I have another holo franken and I actually remember what goes into this!. What I've found out from making the past couple polishes is I've probably been wasting way more Spectraflair pigment than I needed to as I did not thin down the base color. Ultimately, this made the polish more opaque requiring the use of more Spectraflair to actually have it show up. If I could do it again I would most likely thin the base green color with some suspension base to allow the Spectraflair to show up better. With the being said, today's polish is an olive green with muted gold shimmer and linear holo. I used Finger Paints Tough Art to Follow, one scoop MAC Old Gold Pigment, and at least two scoops of Spectraflair. After some mixing balls and alot of shaking, Toxic Moss was born!




The last shot of the bottle is intentionally blurred to show off the sweet linear holo-ness. The polish flowed evenly across the nail, self leveled well, was not streaky or patchy, and fully opaque in two coats. Great success!! Well that's it for today, I've got my franken juices flowing and look forward to creating some new pretties for you in the near future! 

Until next time my lovelies, stay classy and creative!

Today's supplies were: Frankenpolish bottles and mixing balls found at TKB Trading, MAC Old Gold Pigment found at Dillard's, Finger Paints Tough Art to Follow found at Sally Beauty Supply, and Spectraflair pigment found on Ecrater.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...