Friday, January 18, 2013

Glacial

Happy Friday! Huzzah! I don't know about you guys, but for me, it has been a LONG week. I am definitely ready for a glass of wine... or four, but who's counting ;^) Well today we have a polish that was actually pretty difficult to photograph, which is kind of a bummer because that means that you guys can't fully appreciate the awesomeness (unless you make your own of course!). There is no real rhyme or reason as to why I made this polish but either way, I'm diggin it! Today's polish is a blue jelly which is made up of TKB's Glamour base and TKB's blue jelly base. Now with the blue jelly base, a little bit goes a LONG way so I filled the bottle up MAYBE 1/5 of the way. Other than that I added 3 scoops of TKB Aqua Sparks and 1 scoop of TKB Luminosity glitter. Put in the 2 agitator beads, shake what your mama gave ya, and you come up with this



Here is a bottle shot with flash to show you the aqua shimmer, that is, if you can manage to see it around my beastly finger prints (oops!)


Here is the bottle shot without flash to show you the very scattered holo (look ma, no finger prints!)


I like the squishiness of the jelly and the fact that it let's the shimmer shine through. My pointer finger has one coat of Glacial over Wet 'n' Wild black cream


Here is a macro of both fingers. I do kinda like how the black undies help to showcase the complexity of the shimmers

Unlike alot of my frankens thus far, Glacial took 3 coats to be completely opaque and it was kind of patchy on the first coat. But that was evened out easily by the next couple coats. It dried to a smooth finish but swatch pictures do have a coat of Sally Hansen Insta-dry. By the way, please forgive the ridonkulous status of my cuticles and such in these photos, I've been having an epic showdown with my nails lately. So that's all for today. If by chance you do make any of the frankens I showcase in my blog, I would LOVE it if you would send me a mani pic! Please feel free to send it to rlm04h@gmail.com. I hope to see you back soon and remember to always keep it classy and creative :)

Today's Supplies Came From:
All of today's supplies came from TKB Trading




1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...