Monday, March 11, 2013

Aqueous Transmissions

Happy Monday my loves! I hope you are having a wonderful start to your week! Hope your weekend was great! My weekend was eventful to say the least. I am now convinced that I need a weekend from my weekend.

So I am really excited to show you today's polish! I was frankening this weekend with a few ideas and requests in mind. However, this one was just a few random ingredients I decided to throw in a bottle and hope for the best. I started with half of a bottle of of TKB luster base and followed it up with a few drops of TKB Blue Basic Jellie. I then added two good size scoops of TKB's Marinda Star from the Star Bite Collection. I used one of the sister micas from this collection, Cherika Moon in making Electric Feel. If you remember, the Star Bites Collection micas have a larger particle size (100-260 microns) and therefore they look more like a glass fleck than a shimmer or glitter. Per TKB, Marinda Star shifts from red to orange to yellow but in this polish it looks more like a purple to gold shift. Next, I added a small scoop of TKB Luminosty glitter for a little holo sassiness and filled the remainder of the bottle with more Luster base. What was born was a blue based duochrome glass fleck with sparse holo awesomeness. I named this gem Aqueous Transmissions which is an Incubus song you can check out here, for those of you who have never heard of it. I feel like the general vibe of the song totally jives with the final product:

Bottle shot no flash. You can see the glass fleck shift... so cool

Bottle shot with flash. This color is more true to life and you can even seem some of the scattered holo!
It was super sunny today so I took this beauty with my Iphone while STOPPED at a red light (safe driving kids!)

No flash

Flash

Flash

I ended up falling in LURVE with this polish. The duochrome flash was obvious and that thing sparkles like crazy in the sun. It was eye catching pretty much any way that you looked at it. It was opaque in two coats, dry time was average, and it was relatively smooth given the mica and glitter all up in there. All photos are with 1 coat of Sally Hansen Insta-Dry.

So, now that you have met the sassy and stunning Aqueous Transmissions, let me know what you think of her! She is kind of one of my favorites.

By the way ladies, I am already up to almost 50 GFC followers (crazy! and so excited!) so I have already started to get my prizes together for my 50 follower giveaway! So if you enjoy the blog, follow it. You have nothing to lose :)

Well, that's all for today folks. I hope your Monday treats you well and remember to always keep it classy and creative! See you next time!

xo

Today's Supplies Came From:
* Surprisingly enough, all supplies came from TKB Trading for this polish


4 comments:

  1. Ooo, this one turned out so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jenna! She may be teacher's pet for right now ;)

      Delete
  2. Love this and I'm going to start playing around more with my TKB Jellies and glitter Star Bits!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and yes do ittttttt! These things practically make awesome polishes themselves.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...