Monday, March 25, 2013

Drugstore Digits Series: Aquila

Hi ladies! I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! Over the weekend, a couple of girlfriends and myself put on a baby shower for our friend Heather and as a thank you gift, she had a tumbler made for me with my name and my blog's name on it. It is super cute and super thoughtful. I will post pictures soon!

So today begins the second and final week of the Drugstore Digits Series and I have a few little gems to show you this week. This polish started with about half a bottle's worth of Pure Ice Busted, which is a top coat with a sheer purple base and shimmer that shifts from purple to gold. I then added in about a quarter of a bottle's worth of Essie's Stroke of Brilliance, a stone blue metallic glitter topcoat in a clear base. I finished off the bottle with Wet 'n' Wld Black Creme, shook it, and friggin fell in love with this polish! I dubbed in Aquila which is Latin for "the eagle" and represents the bird who carried Zeus's/Jupiter's thunderbolts in Greco-Roman mythology (schoolin you on some knowledge!):

Here are our ingredients

Here is the magic sauce all mixed together. Tell me that doesn't look like a constellation?

Direct Sunlight


Lightbox; you can kind of see the duochrome shimmer here, gorgeous!

Lightbox

As you guys can see, I'm trying to improve the quality of my photos and I did that by using a lightbox to take my photos. I definitely think its an improvement but like anything else, it's going to take some tweaking. So bear with me folks!

Anyways, Looking at Aquila, I was reminded of another otherworldly polish, what do you guys think? Pretty similar but definitely not the same. As for the polish itself, it was made rather sheer so that you could incorporate the glitter and the shimmer, so it required about 3 coats to be opaque. However, it self leveled on its own and did not pool or anything like that.  Also, does anybody else think of this when they think of space? No? Just me?

Well that's it for today ladies, I actually have four posts planned for this week instead of three so really, TRY to contain your excitement! See you back on Wednesday for another awesome drugstore franken. Also, let me know what you think of the new photography, I def think its an improvement!

Until next time, remember to always keep it classy and creative!

Today's Supplies Came From:
*Essie Stroke of Brilliance: this was gifted to me but can be found and CVS or most other drugstores
* Pure Ice Busted: Walmart
* Wet 'n ' Wild Black Creme: Walmart


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...