Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Drugstore Digits Series: (Insert name here)

Hello ladies, halfway through the week! I don't know about anyone else, but if the week wanted to hurry up at all, I'd totally be ok with that. Work?

unknown.jpg

So anyways, today's polish is super simple, I used about a third of a bottle of Spoiled by Wet 'n' Wild Let's get Sushi a lovely coral color with muted shimmer (and pretty opaque to boot!), I then added a liberal amount of Nicole By OPI's Disco Dolls a gold micro glitter with larger multicolored glitter. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how much of this I put in because this stuff was stupid thick and it kind of just got globbed in the bottle. I followed it up by topping the bottle off with Rimmel Lasting Finish PRO Crystal Clear top coat to thin out the thickness of the polish due to Disco Dolls. When mixed, the base color definitely darkened a bit due to the gold glitter but it still seems super summery to me and reminds be of beaches, bright sun, and tans! So I'm sorry my loves, she will remained unnamed as I am stumped but here she is:
Ingredients

Finished product

Macro, I love the depth that the glitter gives the overall color


Lightbox

Lightbox

Well this is my nameless wonder. She was opaque in two coats and probably still could have used a little more clear coat to thin the polish out. But it definitely was easy to manage. No pooling and dry time was pretty average. All pictures show one coat of Sally Hansen Insta-Dry. She may be nameless but let's face it guys, she's not going quietly.

This is it for this franken, it's super easy and I feel like the effect is so much more complex than the process, which I dig. Hope to see you around next time for some more drugstore creations, I still have a few up my sleeve!

Can't wait to see you back and until then, always keep it classy and creative!

xo

Today's supplies came from:
* Nicole by OPI Disco Dolls: Target
* Spoiled by Wet 'n' Wild Let's Get Sushi: Walgreens
* Rimmel Lasting Finish PRO in Crystal Clear: Walmart


2 comments:

  1. How about Summer Goldie? Just off the top of my head :) Loving your blog btw! Truly do!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...