Friday, March 29, 2013

Drugstore Digits Series: Blue Barracuda

Hello hello my lovely ladies and happy Friday. Hopefully everyone has a great weekend planned whether that be Easter, Passover, or whateva! Today marks the end of the Drugstore Digits Series and I would really truly appreciate any feedback you have so far! This final polish that was made is actually somewhat similar to a previous franken I created awhile ago and I didn't even realize it until I started writing this post. Also, PLEASE tell me you understand what I am alluding to with the name, if not, let's relive my childhood here (best show EVER). Moving on, I started with half a bottle of Pure Ice Oh Baby! which is a top coat made from fine blue shimmer which shifts to purple in a clear base. I then added about a quarter of a bottle of Wet 'n' Wild Fast Dry polish in Hannah Pinktana. Now I'm going to go ahead and stop here. I thought I was bad at naming polishes, but Hannah Pinktana?! Someone got PAID for that! Even worse, is this polish isn't even pink, it is a sheer purple polish with scattered holo microglitter. So yeah Wet 'n' Wild, way off the mark there, way off. Moving on, after adding the quarter of a bottle of Wet 'n' Wild, I then followed it up and topped the bottle of with Milani Neon Nail Lacquer in Fresh Teal which is pretty self explanatory (but watch out, this thing STAINS when used on its own). I mixed it together and what was created was a blue based polish with subtle blue to purple duochrome shimmer and holo. Pretty stinkin cool right?

The Stars of the Show

Bottle Shot in Lightbox

Bottle shot in low light; you can see the holo!

Macro, you can see the gorgeous blue shimmer, but none of the purple duochrome. I couldn't coax it out no matter how hard I tried.

Lightbox

I love how gorgeous and clean the blue is. Even without the shimmer I think I would be entirely ok with this polish. The formula was a tad bit thin and therefore required a little bit more work to prevent pooling and such. Opacity was sheer and it took about 3 thickish coats to get the opacity you see here. Leveling was not a problem, neither was balding, or dragging. It was pretty shiny on its own but swatches show one coat of Sally Hansen Insta-Dry.

Well ladies, this concludes the Drugstore Digits Series, I hope this inspires you to find creativity in even the simplest of polish ingredients. Come Monday we will be back to the frankening and indie polish reviewing. I look forward to seeing you back and hope that you have a great weekend! Until next time, remember to always keep it classy and creative!

xo

Today's Supplies Cam From:
* Pure Ice Oh Baby!: Walmart
* Milani Neon in Fresh Teal and Wet 'n' Wild Fast Dry in Hannah Pinktana: Kmart 

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...