Friday, February 1, 2013

Mermaid Tails

Woohoo its Friday! We made it! I'm looking forward to sleeping in and hopefully learning to use my camera a little bit more. I'm still learning to take swatch photos and trying to shoot this polish reminded me of what a photography noob I really am, ugh. Today's polish has no specific inspiration, I kind of just decided to throw a bunch of stuff in a bottle and hope for the best. What came out was definitely difficult to photograph and somewhat finicky to apply, but definitely beautiful. I started with TKB's Glamour base and added a turquoise cream which was unnamed from a Color Club set that I found at Ross. I then added  two scoops each of green and blue mylar flakes, and finally, one scoop of TKB purple sparks. What ended up being created could not be described as anything other than positively, mermaid. It had a total whimsical ocean vibe which I loved. But I did warn you, this thing was beastly hard to photograph so first I will post photos in the sun, and then in the shade

  
  
  
  
So there you have it, my MULTIPLE attempts to try and capture this ridiculous polish. It was difficult to try and capture both the purple shimmer and the flakies at the same time. Now given the base, it was pretty dreadfully streaky at the first coat (maybe it would help having it less pigmented?). It can be evened out at two or three coats depending on how heavy handed you are when you put polish on. Another thing that was a mild annoyance is if you are not watching what you are doing, the mylar flakes in the polish can end u poking out past the tips of your fingers and you can feel it when they are brushed up against things (you can see it in the sunlight macro shot). However, they are easily moved on the nail using the polish brush. One coat of top coat smoothes it out well but I recommend two coats for a glassy finish. Seeing it in real life I would TOTALLY say that this polish is worth the minor trouble.  Well that's all for this mermaid's tail, see you back next time for all new franken creations! Always keep it classy and creative and have a wonderful weekend :)

Today's Franken Supplies came from:

TKB Glamour Base, blue flakies, green flakies, and purple sparks: TKB Trading
Turquoise Color Club Cream: Random polish set found at Ross

4 comments:

  1. It's so frustrating when you can't show everyone how beautiful your polish is - this happens to me all the time. It looks really cool though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Haha it is super frustrating because somehow just saying, "truse me it's awesome" doesn't translate well for a blog post.

      Delete
  2. This is really pretty! I hate when I can't photograph something to my liking. So frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yup, this one was definitely a toughie. Good thing is, my boyfriend is getting so annoyed by my frankening antics in our bedroom, he is making me a work desk complete with lighting!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...