Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Problematic Peach

Hello ladies! Well it's finally happened, I have frankened a complete fail *hangs head in shame*. This especially stinks because I feel that this polish had such potential but I just could not get the formula right. I had this idea for a bright warm weather peach with contrasting shimmer. Simple enough right? W.R.O.N.G.

 I started with a base of TKB Glamour base and added about 1/5 of a bottle I then added drop by drop Color Club Tangerine Scream that I picked up in a set from Ross. I followed up by adding 2 small scoops each of TKB's purple, aqua, and blue sparks. I didn't even bother naming this one, I just called it problematic peach.





This picture is the most color accurate

Now I know, this looks innocent enough in the swatches but I SWEAR, that thing could not figure out whether or not it was trying to be an OPI Liquid Sand or a cream polish so it just decided to be both at the same time. Terrible, lol. The first coat was streaky. The finish did smooth out a little bit more once it dried but it was a little matte and required a topcoat. And, no matter how hard I tried I could not catch a picture of the shimmer while it was on the nail. It was a little hidden but you could definitely see it in real life. Now, I'm sure if you don't mind finicky polishes, this one probably won't bother you too much but I still think that personally, I want to start back at square one with this delinquent shade. 

Ugh,

Well that's all for today. I do have have more promising polished to show you in the future!

And don't forget, the giveaway ends 2/14 so if you haven't entered, go do it now! Who doesn't want a custom polish made just for them??

See you ladies next week, ready to be classy AND creative!!

Today's Supplies Came From

Glamour Base, Aqua Sparks, Blue Sparks, and Purple Sparks: TKB Trading
Color Club Tangerine Scream: Random set found at Ross but can be found here or here (please note that I am not familiar with or affiliated with these sellers and therefore cannot vouch for their service or credibility)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Becca !

    I liked your Blog... Sorry for not speak english so well :/

    I will follow you...

    Kisses from Brasil !! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay thanks Anna! Do not worry about your English, I am glad you are here!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...