Monday, February 18, 2013

Robotic Rainbow

Hello my frankenettes (trying the nickname out, lol) and welcome to the start of another brand new week. I went ahead a scheduled a post in advance as I am supposed to be coming home from Savannah today and will probably be exhausted. Yeesh, I hope the trip didn't suck. So anyways, todays franken was something that was kind of created as an afterthought, a kind of, "hey I haven't tried this franken product yet let's see what it's about" and I ended up La-la-la-LOVING this polish. I actually chose to wear this as a mani for about 4 days which is absurd when I think about how much I change polish. I started off with TKB's Glamour base (about half a bottle's worth) and then decided to test out my TKB magic diamond base. I added that in until the bottle was was about 80% full. I then added some Luminosty glitter and a couple drops of Wet'n'Wild black cream to darken up the overall base a smidgen. The result was a holo foil, a FRIGGEN HOLO FOIL. Robotic Rainbow seemed like a PERFECT name for this...

Blurred for the holo

Macro of the foil with a bit of holo peeking through


Swatch from an event last week where I managed to get the holo a bit without blurring. Enlarge it!

Now, being that I have never used magic diamond before, I probably used too much. This baby was super pigmented and a little bit thick, but not unmanageably so. I could probably get away with using less, but what I made this go around was pretty much a one coater. INSANE. Self leveled well and dry time was average. I can't even tell you how much I love this polish, there is just so much going on without it being overwhelming.

Well my loves, that is all from my sweet love child that I call Robotic Rainbow. See you back next time for more frankens!!

Today's Supplies Were From:
TKB Glamour Base, Magic Diamond, and Luminosity glitter: TKB trading
Wet'n'Wild Black Creme Polish: Walmart

2 comments:

  1. I love this color :) And I think if I picked from them all, I might wear this one. I shared your blog with a friend who blogged about painting her nails on Valentine's day. I think you'll like her blog, too. http://adventurestorememberfl.blogspot.com/ Keep up the awesome work! Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this one has been my favorite so far too. Great minds think alike!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...