Monday, February 4, 2013

Surfin USA *** Pic heavy ***

Hello ladies! Hope you had an awesome weekend! I watched the Big Game last night but if we are being completely honest here, I didn't care much for either team. I was rooting for the commercials, lol. Well that and food...because food always wins. Ha! So today's terribly named franken (seriously people I need help naming here) is going to be pretty pic heavy because this thing freaked my camera the eff out. I am absolutely in love with this one though, it reminds me of everything I have to look forward to in the coming months, sun, fun, beaches....ahhhh. So this polish was made by starting off with TKB's Luster base. I then added a couple drops each of a Color Club set I found at Ross (I want to say it's the Electro Candy Collection from 2009?) of both the orange and pink colors until I ended up with a very orange based coral base. From there I added two scoops each of neon pink matte hex and brick red matte hex. Finally I added three scoops of matte yellow hex. From that was born the shade that screams summer, which I call Surfin' USA! Pictures will be shown in both shade and the sun to help better demonstrate the true color of the polish




This my friends, is what it looks like when your camera has a temper tantrum. But it does show how incredibly bright and cheery this polish is



The shade shots help to show you the base color as well as how well it works with the pink, yellow, and brick red glitter. Also, given the jelly of the polish, you can totally see the depth of the glitter!

So this shade is pretty sheer initially. Pictures show three coats with absolutely no VNL. This thing has a great concentration of glitters and did not need to really be placed or dabbled to get the coverage you see here. Surprisingly enough, one coat of top coat made this smooth. Auuggh, I'm in love! Makes me happy just looking at it! 

Well ladies that's all for today, see you back next time, we have another matte! Wahoo!! Looking forward to see you again and until next time, remember to keep it classy and creative! Muah!

Today's supplies came from:
Luster Base: TKB trading
Pink and Orange polish: random set found at Ross
Matte hot pink, brick red, and yellow hexes: Glitter Mix Boutiqe


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...