Friday, December 13, 2013

Wet Cement

Not to be one that complains, but I am sitting in bed with my space heater on all bundled up and I am STILL freezing. I know by no stretch of the imagination is the temperature here as cold as I think it is (for the record, I'm almost positive that it's about the same temperature as whatever the temperature was in the Ice Age). But, then I kind of laugh at myself because the high here was about 62 and that's not cold at all. The thought of some of the temperatures that you guys might be living in in your respective places of residence is enough to make my little Florida girl heart stop.

Now I would like to tell you that today's polish kind of reminds me of fresh fallen snow but I can't do that… because I've never seen snow. So I think the title is pretty self explanatory. This polish starts out with 3/4 of a mini bottles worth of TKB Glamour Base. I then followed it up with about 3 drops of TKB Gloss White Colorant, 1 small scoop of TKB Noble Sparks! (which are a larger particle silver shimmer), and finally two medium scoops of Wonder Beauty Products Prismatic Platinum Illusion powder (fine holo powder similar to Spectraflair).

The holo is in there, I SWEAR!




Because I'm all about the ambience, I decided to show you the siding on my house as a background!


So what haven I learned from Wet Cement? That finding a good balance in a white based holos is VERY difficult. Traditionally whites are very streaky and it generally helps to make them a bit more opaque and creamy if you will to help prevent that. However, the more opaque the polish, the less holo you will get as the holo particles are usually covered up by the polish's pigmentation. Not only that, but the more holo you add, the more grey your polish will lean. So clearly, I have not found that perfect balance but it's not a bad place to start. Swatches show three coats and one coat of topcoat. The first coat was a bit streaky but the polish evened itself out easily enough. The one thing I can honestly say is the holo was much more apparent in real life and the sparks help to add a little more sparkle. But, you're just going to have to take my word on that one.

Well that's all for today's polish my dears! Have a wonderful weekend and see you back next time for more Franken Femme action. But until then, remember to always keep it classy and creative!

xo

Today's Supplies Are From:
* Glamour Base, Noble Sparks, and gloss white colorant: TKB Trading
* Prismatic Platinum Illusion Powder: Wonder Beauty Products 




2 comments:

  1. So maybe it's a bit more "fog" than "snow"...it's really pretty!! Like a sparkly bottle of ghost!! :) P.S. I saw snow in 1993. I was living in another state at the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! If all ghosts were sparkly I think things like that movie Paranormal Activity would be much less scary and more FAB-U-LOUSSSSS! As for the snow, I drove past it once when I was 18. Does that count?

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...