Monday, December 30, 2013

Flurry

So I gotta know, has anyone made any good resolutions? We're thisclose to the new year and I'm looking forward to a great year ahead! I think my first resolution is to uphold my resolutions. That's a start right? Another resolution I have is to just be happy and remember to take delight in the small things. I think that's important for everyone!

Well today's polish is positively wintery. So hunker down, grab some cocoa, wrap yourself in a blanket, and let's get started! I started this polish off with 3/4 of a mini bottle's worth of TKB Glamour Base. Next, I added one small scoop of TKB True Blue powder pigment. This pigment is a bright bordering neon medium blue w/ a low sheen. Then, I added 3 medium scoops of Glitter Unique's White Opal Mix which is a mix of multi size semi-translucent white squares and hexes mixed with small, pastel, multi colored, semi translucent squares and hexes. It's gorgeous, seriously. Finallly, I added 2 small scoops of .004 shifting rainbow hex, again from Glitter Unique. The shifting rainbow is a reference to the fact that it is iridescent. I called this one Flurry and I'm sure you know why!








Swatches, albeit terrible swatches, show 3 coats plus top coat (but you can still see a bit of VNL). Glitter required minimal placement and it wasn't annoyingly bumpy without topcoat. I love how the small shifting rainbow hexes almost act like glistening snow!

Well, that's all for today my friends. Again, I am sorry for the photos, I am a little bit embarrassed. They don't show up on my computer that way so frankly, I'm baffled. Just a FYI, I will be taking the rest of the week off to recharge my franken batteries and start mixing some new beauties. I will be back before you know it with more franken awesomeness. But until then, remember to keep it classy and creative!

xo

Today's Supplies Are From:
* TKB Luster Base and True Blue Pigment: TKB Trading
* White Opal Glitter Mix and Shifting Rainbow Hex: Glitter Unique


2 comments:

  1. Oh wow...how lovely is this! Totally makes me want to bust out into the Snow Miser theme!! I don't make resolutions. It's so disappointing when I ultimately fail, so why choose to stress out? :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...