Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Ugly Sweater Party


Merry Christmas my friends! Hopefully you are able to spend time with family or loved ones :) I know I always enjoyed spending time with my family more than anything else. Food, of course, came in a VERY close second :)

 So I will keep today's post short and sweet so you can get back to your festivities! I decided to branch out a bit from my comfort zone after YouMix Glitters had a MAJOR sale before going on hiatus for 3 months. This was the perfect time to put my money where my mouth is and try some bar glitter. It was on sale so it wasn't as painful to purchase even though I hate it. This polish is the brainchild of some of these glitters! I started with 3/4 of a mini bottle's worth of TKB Glamour Base. Next, I added one small scoop of .008 gold holo hex from Glitter Unique. I then finished it up with one small scoop of .008 green holo hex from YouMix, and two medium sized scoops of YouMix Crimson Red Micro Bars. 



It's a nail sweater! My fingers are very warm right now.





The verdict? I.... don't hate it. I still called it Ugly Sweater Party because that's totally what the texture reminds me of but the bars are not big enough for me to completely disregard it. While it does still kinda look like hair, it's not bad at all! Swatches show two coats plus top coat. Surprisingly enough, all the glitters spread easily and evenly on the nail without having to do any dabbling. It does dry textured. Well that's all for today. Enjoy to rest of the day and I will see you back next time for more franken adventures! But until then, remember to keep it classy and creative!

 xo

 Today's Supplies Are From:
* Luster Base: TKB Trading 
* .008 Green Holo Hexes and Crimson Red Micro Bars: YouMix Glitters (please note that the shop is on hiatus for about 3 mos. But, their FB page will keep you updated!)
* .008 Gold Holo Hex: Glitter Unique

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...