Monday, December 9, 2013

The Grape Beyond

Hello my loves! I hope you had a wonderful weekend :) I spent almost all my weekend cleaning and actually ENJOYED it. I feel so weird saying that. Other than that, I cheered on my alma mater Florida State University and watched them win their conference championship. Now they are headed to the National Championship! Fun Franken Femme fact, I L.O.V.E. college football. Like really, almost to a sad level. But I digress, let's check out today's polish shall we?

Today's lovely lady starts of with about 3/4 of a mini bottle's worth of TKB Luster Base. I then added 14 drops of TKB Gloss Black colorant (which I thinned as this colorant comes very thick and very opaque), 2 small scoops of TKB Amethyst pigment (a blue toned purple powder pigment with light sheen), one medium scoop of Siren Red glass fleck, and one small scoop of TKB Marinda Star (glass fleck that shifts from gold to red to purple). What was created was a darkened purple glass fleck shimmer with a slight color shift. Then I called it The Grape Beyond because I am just so dang punny!

Yo girl, I heard you like glass fleck…




You can see some of the glass fleck shimmer in this shot!


Swatches show two thick coats of The Grape Beyond plus one coat of Sally Hansen Insta-Dry top coat. Formula was thick but in a good way, spread easily, didn't drag, and didn't pool. I like that you can see the shift in then glass fleck but it's not super obvious. The sheen from the Amethyst pigment helped keep the polish a little more complex. What do you guys think?

Well that's all for today! Hope you have a wonderful rest of your day. Check back later for more franken awesomeness! But until then, remember to keep it classy and creative!

xo

All of today's supplies are from TKB Trading



2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...