Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Duping the OPI Sheer Tints - Drugstore Digits (ish) Style

Haven't you heard? That the bird is the word? And by bird I definitely mean the OPI Sheer Tints. They are so hot right now.

Courtesy of the Polish Aholic
I've been on the fence about these because to me, they just kinda seemed like glorified jellies. That can't be too hard to recreate right?  Right?! Well, my response to that is, eh. Check out what I did!


Here we have two coats of my sheer tint dupes over another 2 coats of an off white cream and one coat of fast dry topcoat to seal it in (I dinged a couple nails, oops). Are they exactly the same? Pssssssh, nope. But they are close enough to satisfy me without having to buy the real thing. The best news? Nearly all of the ingredients came from drugstore polish, WOOT! I will have the recipes listed here by number:


1. Pink Sheer Tint- TKB Glamour Base (clear polish will work!),  one drop Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Sonic Bloom, one drop OPI Don't Burst My Bubble

2. Purple Sheer Tint- TKB Glamour Base, 6 drops L'oreal Berry Nice (I know I know, this was already a jelly so I kinda cheated), and 2 drops Essie DJ Play That Song

3. Teal Sheer Tint (and by far the biggest pain in my rear end)- TKB Glamour Base, 4 drops L'oreal Miss Pixie, one drop Essie Naughty Nautical, one drop Milani Fresh Teal, and one drop Fringer Paints Tough Art to Follow

4. Amber Sheer Tint- TKB Glamour Base, one drop TKB Basic Yellow Jellie (this was thinned and surprisingly, pretty much the only yellow I have),  and 4 drops LA Colors unnamed orange from a Ross set

So there you have it, your very own sheer tints! While I love you, I will not be linking the resources where I purchased these ingredients partially because I don't entirely remember, and partially because there are 182453201945 ingredients. 

Here is a full swatch mani along with an accent nail in which I simply just swiped each different color randomly on the nail (over the same off white base color).





Because of it being a jelly, the formula was super easy and like buttah! Despite those swatch photos, my white was a bit shimmery and it is showing through the color. With the exception of the amber, my orange also had shimmer so you may be able to see that a bit in swatch photos. So good news, they are relatively close, the bad news, they look to be sheerer than the sheer tints. But whatevs, I still like the overall look of the mani (bubbles and all).  By the way, I was trying to test out my speed mani skills last night and ended up with so many bubbles, I looked like I was scuba diving. Anywho, I think frankening like this has a lot of potential. Can you imagine neon sheer tints for summer?? OOOOOOh!!

Well that's all for today my friends. See you back next time for more franken awesomeness! But until then, I leave you with an additional photo and a reminder to always keep it classy and creative!



xo







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...