Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Stump the Femme- Vintage Batman

Hello my lovelies and welcome to today's edition of Stump the Femme brought to you by the lovely Leah G.! Leah's idea was Batman. Now I'm going to be honest, I was ready to go all sorts of Christian Bale all up in this polish until I spoke with Leah and found out she picked this polish in honor of a convention; which then made me think vintage Batman (a la Mr. Adam West). So I based my polish off this photo I found:

This photo is NOT my own, unfortunately I can't find the credit. Sad face :(


So after finding my inspiration, I took 3/4 of a bottle's worth of TKB Glamour base. I then added one scoop of TKB black mica, 2 small scoops of Glitter Mix Boutiques .035 square Rainbow Matte mix, one scoop of .032 turquoise holo hex, and one scoop of .015 lime holo hex. Finally, BOOM! POW! I came up with this bad boy... (errrr... good guy?)





The black, of course, represents the color everyone associates with The Bat. The matte glitters signify the bright primary colors that were often used in the costumes and scenery of the show. The holo bits represent that little bit of extra POW! that you see every time Batman kicks an enemies tush! Swatches show three coats plus one coat of Sally Hansen Insta-Dry. It was pretty easy to get the glitters out of the bottle and spread them evenly on the nail. The base color was translucent enough to show all the awesome glitter suspended in there. Well that's all for today's Stump the Femme. Congrats to Leah! Everyone else, remember to like my Facebook page as I will periodically ask for Stump the Femme ideas and the winner will receive a free polish! 

Well my loves, see you around next time to see what other creative juices we have flowing up in the franken lab! Until then, remember to keep it classy and creative!

Today's Supplies Are From:
* Glamour Base and black mica: TKB Trading
* All Glitters From Today's Post: Glitter Mix Boutique



9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! While I like vintage, I had my heart set on Christian Bale. Be still my heart that sweet newsie singing man.

      Delete
  2. ZWAPP! This looks great! Way more animated than Mr. West's acting back in the day. :) Nice square glitters too! KLONK!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! My guess is the Mr. West was probably to distracted by his semi inappropriate Bat suit to act appropriately ;)

      Delete
  3. This is one of my favorites of yours. I love how the colors stand out from the black. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am such a sucker for dark bases and glitters :)

      Delete
  4. I'm gonna call this Rogue Gallery because it's about as colorful as the B-Man's collection of villains!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Schoolin me on my superhero knowledge! I may or may not have had to google that :)

      Delete
    2. I just looked it up and I guess the term is much older than Batman and is a general term for a collection of baddies. Batman just has the most iconic group of villains, so I'd only ever heard it in that context. This really is a good representation of all the different foes he's had over the years, even if that wasn't your original intention!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...