Friday, June 6, 2014

Stump the Femme - The Elephant Man

Ok ok, I'll admit it. This one had me STUMPED. First because I had never seen this movie (for the record it is about a man with physical deformities trying to make it through life wanting to be normal) and second, how do I turn a concept like that into a presentable polish?!?! Welp, I cheated. THERE I SAID IT! I couldn't very well make a fug polish to show you guys! Therefore, I made a polish and used it in a concept mani. But first, let's start with the franken shall we?


For the record, here is a pic of the main character. See that and understand my plight!

As for the franken, I started with Misfits on 8th matte base. Next, I added 3 drops of a thinned out Vanti 805 brown colorant. I then followed it up with 2 drops of TKB's franken white polish colorant. Finally, I added 2 small scoops each of Gold Flakies and Sparkling Taupe Micro Flakies from Glitter Unique


Now, for the concept mani….. I'm kind of nervous to show you guys! Lol




So, I started this mani by attaching some small circular rhinestones and neon studs to my bare nail in a random fashion using clear polish. Then, because I wanted to get rid of the neon color of the stud, I applied two coats of white polish. I finished the mani off with two generous coats of the Elephant Man polish to give the look of skin tone with bumps and deformities. Crazy, right?

For the record, here is the same polish top coated. Looks so different!


The topcoat definitely helps the flakies and the shimmer stand out more. Personally, I prefer it top coated. Formula was super easy though and didn't drag with the thick coats I used. It was opaque at 2 coats for me. Dry time was average to quick as mattes often are.

Well, there you have it, my crazy Elephant Man mani! What do you think? I don't think I could ever rock this again honestly, lol. Either way I hope you liked it and I also hope to see you around next time for more polish adventures! But until then, remember to keep it classy and creative!

xo

Today's Supplies Are From:
* Matte Base: Misfits on 8th
* Brown Colorant: Vanti805
* White Nail Polsih Colorant: TKB Trading
* Gold Flakies and Sparkling Taupe Micro Flakies: Glitter Unique








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...