Friday, March 14, 2014

Luck of the Irish **pic heavy**

I'm not normally one to make my polishes based on season or holiday. However, for this St. Patrick's Day we are picking up the torch our friends passed off of having an all green breakfast for St. Patty's Day Saturday (even though the holiday is actually Monday) complete with this amazing looking concoction. So, in order to properly commemorate our first green breakfast, I decided to make a St. Patrick's Day Nail Polish!


Because I knew I would be using this for a few manis, I went for broke and made a full size bottle. Proportions will be adjusted accordingly. I started off with 3/4 of a bottles worth of TKB Luster Base. Then I added 8-10 drops of Vanti805's Green Blend liquid pigment (this is a mid toned slightly yellow green) which I have cut with a bit of Luster Base and nail polish thinner and 4 drops TKB Black Nail Polish Colorant to darken up the base and prepare for the holo (which will lighten up a base color). Next, I added multiple drops (lost count!) of liquid Spectraflair size 14 holo pigment. Lastly, I added one small scoop each of TKB Gold Reflecks micro glitter and Shanira Sun (gold to green to blue shifting) glass fleck like powder. And now, I bombard you with photos!


Oddly enough this was the best macro photo I could get, I'm sorry!

Artificial light


Here is a shot of the polish in natural light, when I wasn't driving of course

If you enlarge this photo, you can see the glass fleck shimmer

Swatches show two easy coats with no clean up! I added one coat of top coat for shine and to help my lucky mani last. Swatches are actually a full 24 hours after my nails were painted and there is pretty much no tip wear. This polish throws fiery rainbows in the sun and the color shifting glass fleck keeps the polish from being too boring in low light. It's not a typical color for me to where, but I am absolutely and totally in love with it. I will wear this many times that is FO SHO.

Also a quick note, this is the first time I've really been able to play with the Spectraflair suspend in a base and it is fantastic. It comes with a dropette but I find that it wastes more product than I wanted so I prefer to pour it drop by drop directly from the bottle.

Well that's all for Luck of the Irish. What do you think? Do you have any special mani plans for St. Patty's Day? Anywho, hope to see you back next time for more polish awesomeness! But until then, remember to keep it classy and creative!

xo

Today's Supplies Are From:
* Luster Base, Shanira Sun, Gold Reflecks, and Black Nail Polish Colorant: TKB Trading
* Green Blend Liquid Colorant: Vanti805
* Spectraflair 14: Spectraflair4u

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...