Sunday, June 9, 2013

I Must Be Crazy

Hello ladies and I hope you have had a wonderful weekend! I know I don't normally post on Sundays and that's part of the reason I think I've gone crazy. The other reason I think I might be going bonkers is I agreed to try a nail art challenge put on by my friend Erin from Nerdy for Nails. I know you guys have heard me say it once and I will say it again; I am horrible at two things (1) naming polish and (2) nail art. I mean it's pretty humorous how terrible I am. But it was really hard to say no when she thought up doing a nail art challenge based off of internet memes. We all know how much I love me some memes. So I decided to give it a go with a twist. Each post will correspond with a challenge day but also include one of my frankens!

So the theme for today is all the things!

Credit
I decided to interpret all the things as all the different types of nail art techniques. I created a teal glass fleck just for the occasion! I started out with about half a bottle of TKB Glamour Base. I then added 1 big size drop of TKB Basic Blue Jellie, followed by a couple drops of Wonder Beauty Products Primary Yellow Color Base, Primary Blue Color Base, and a basic Milani black cream. Once I had a gorgeous dark teal crelly base, I added a couple scoops of TKB's Seawitch Green (a green glass fleck-ish type shimmer) and one very small scoop of TKB Noble Sparks! (a silver shimmer). When mixed, I created this beauty


So by the powers combined of this gorgeous franken, Essie Naughty Nautical, and Essie Rock the Boat, I created all the things!


Macro, that's my franken underneath those dots!



From left to right we have a Saran Wrap nail, a half moon nail, a polka dot nail, and a striping tape nail. Surprisingly enough, the formula on my franken was better than the Essies. Both of the Essies were a little thin, sheer, and pooled my cuticles. The franken is opaque in two coats and is not too thick or too thin. I win! Well that's all for today's all the things mani! Be sure to check in with the other ladies participating in the meme week challenge. Tomorrow is rage faces! Until next time, remember to keep it classy and creative!

xo

Today's Supplies Are From:
* Glamour Base, Basic Blue Jellie, Seawitch Green Glassfleck Shimmer, and Noble Sparks: TKB Trading
 * Primary Blue and Primary Yellow Color Base: Wonder Beauty Products
* Milani Black Cream Nail Polish: On sale at Target, woot!




6 comments:

  1. Awesome! I'm so glad you decided to join and I can hardly wait for a week of franken-memes. Love the pretty teal skittles. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And as unsure as I am about my nail art, I love being forced outside of my comfort zone! So thanks for that too ;)

      Delete
  2. Your base franken is very cool and I think you did a great job wiith all the things :D I'm so glad you'r doing this challenge. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And I'm glad too, who knew I'd actually like nail art?? **gasp!!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...