Monday, August 5, 2013

Northern Lights

Get up early in the morning they say, go to college and get a grown up job they say, it'll be great they say!

Credit
Haha just kidding, I do enjoy my job. It's the getting up early thing I'm not so fond of. But since we are up and at em my loves, how's about we check out another new franken?? Today's polish idea came from another reader request which would be a duochrome, woo! I started with about 3/4 of a mini bottle's worth of TKB's Glamour Base. I then added one good sized drop of the extremely pigmented TKB Basic Blue Jellie. I followed it up with a few drops of Milani's Black Magic cream polish. Finally, I added two good sized scoops of TKB's Travel to Earth pigment (which is supposed to have a green to pink shift). The overall result reminded me of this

Credit


                                                          




Ack, smudge! Sorry about that :(


Green to pink shift all up on the iphone!

Managed to catch the shift of both colors! Woohoo!

So this formula was super pigmented. But I guess I painted really impatiently, because there are a boat load of bubbles all up in there. Good thing is, my nails can double as flotation devices with all of those bubbles.  Otherwise, it self leveled well. Dry time was average. Swatches show two coats over PVC base coat (which is a fancy way of saying Elmer's glue and water). So the breakdown stands, like the shift and the deep green shimmer, HATE the ridiculously bubbling. You be the judge. Well that's all for Northern Lights my loves! See you back on Wednesday for more franken greatness!

But until next time, remember to keep it classy and creative!

xo

Today's Supplies Are From:
* TKB Glamour Base, Travel to Earth Pigment , and Basic Blue Jellie: TKB Trading
* Milani Black Magic: Target!







4 comments:

  1. Hi! I found your blog through the Hobby Polish Bloggers group and I love it! It's so cool that you make frankens! This is a really neat polish. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thank you and its so nice to meet you! Your comment pretty much made my day today. I look forward to seeing you in the future!

      Delete
  2. Another bottle of Becca's Homeade Awsomesauce. This green is so much greener than your standard duochrome variety, and it looks great! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My awesomesauce brings all the lacquerheads to the yard ;) Thank you my dear!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...