Friday, August 16, 2013

Drugstore Digits- Love, Actually (What Loves Me Not Probably Should Have Been)

Hello my loves and happy Friday! This week seemed to pass it an exhausting blur! I have no intentions of letting up anytime soon as I let a friend talk me into a cardio twerking class tonight. Oh yes you read that right. Good Lord help me lol!

Anywho, today's franken is the brainchild that came from seeing a post from the lovely Melissa at Lacquer Reverie and Clare from Perfectly Painted  reviewing Sally Hansen Loves Me Not. This polish is stinkin awesome in the bottle, inky purple base with gorgeous duochrome glass fleck. But unfortunately, that polish couldn't man (woman?) up and decided to go and hide the glass fleck when on the nail (seriously, the NERVE of some polish!). So I took my cue from that and created my own version using Sally Hansen Insta-Dry in Uptempo Plum, a blackened purple base with gorgeous purple shimmer and Essie Shine of the Times, an oh so infamous topcoat of color shiting flakie goodness. I filled a mini bottle's worth about 3/4 full with Shine of the Times and then proceeded to top it off with Uptempo Plum. I called this creation Love, Actually... because it's better than Loves Me not *na-na-na-na-boo-boo!*



Oh, the glorious colorrrrrrssss!


Color Shift!




While it's not glass fleck Like Loves Me Not is, I love how apparent the flakies are in that gorgeous purple base. The shift is super obvious in that too! Swatches show 2 thick coats, however, be careful,  the coats will drag if you don't give them a couple seconds! Self leveling was not an issue. Well that's all for today! Hope you have enjoyed the first week of Drugstore Digits! See you back next time for more awesome frankens and maybe even another guest post! ;) But until next time, remember to keep it classy and creative!

xo

I got the Sally Hansen from Walmart and Essie's Shine of the Times from a swap. I hear it might be hard to find. I know they can be found on Google. You can also check out the Revlon Moon Candy Polishes but I cannot vouch for those flakies. I have, however, seen them in Drugstores as recently as last week!


11 comments:

  1. Wow! This looks fantastic!! And the name is *brilliant*. This reminds me of a darker version of Barielle Elle's Spell, which I want. You're awesome, squared! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa :) That's pretty spot on, it definitely is a dark purple version of Elle's Spell! P.S. I would have just been happy with ONE awesome, you flatter me with the awesome squared

      Delete
  2. This looks great. I love a good flakie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is spectacular. I'm going to go ahead and agree with your fb comment about SoTT making anything it touches awesome :) Have fun twerking ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks love! Twerking was..... interesting. Lol. I am feeling it today too, yeesh.

      Delete
  4. Yay! Thanks for the link! :D OMG!! THIS IS SO AMAZING!! I'm not even sorry for putting all that in caps. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is pretty awesome! Much better than the original.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl, ya think so? I'm pretty sure I'm just a sucker for SoTT any way I can get it.

      Delete
  6. To answer your giveaway question- this! This one is the mini I'd want. Absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...