Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Two Faced - My First Chromaflair Franken!

So, I'm guessing that some of you are jumping for joy at the thought of having your own Chromaflair supplier and some of you are wondering what Chromaflair is. Maybe you've seen those awesome indies that shift strongly to multiple colors in all their metallic goodness? Oh yes my friends, THAT is Chromaflair. I stumbled upon a storenvy shop I believe through Nail Nation 3000 and a giveaway she was having not too long ago. That shop is Spectraflair4u and good grief did the heavens open up when that web page did. This site has multiple sizes of Spectraflair (which I will show you in it's full glory in a bit) as well as 3 kinds of Chromaflair (Blue/red, Silver/green, and Cyan/purple). I purchased the Blue/red and have a franken to show you using it!

I started off with about 3/4 of a bottles worth of TKB Luster Base. Next I added 3 drops of TKB Black Nail Polish Colorant to help with the shift, 4 drops of Spectraflair4u Red/blue Chromaflair colorant (orders from the site come with there own dropette to help measure drops while mixing), and finally, added one small scoop of TKB Her Majesty Reflecks (a purple toned blue micro glitter) for a little extra oomph. Check out THIS deliciousness, I called it Two Face for obvious reasons!

If angels singing had a visual, I'm pretty sure that would be it.




Check out that gorgeous shimmer goodness


And behold… the shift!



How amazeballs is that? The shift was strong but impossible to photograph. Swatches show one thick coat over a dark midnight blue Sally Hansen Insta-Dry (can't remember the color :^/). This polish shifts from a dark royal blue, through to purple, and finally to a golden yellow. I intentionally made the color somewhat sheer until I figure out how the colorant worked with a base. The answer is, it worked beautifully! The polish was smooth and the formula was silky!

Well that's all for today my friends! See you next time for more franken awesomeness! But until then, remember to keep it classy and creative!

xo

Today's Supplies Are From:
* TKB Luster Base, Her Majest Reflecks, and Black Nail polish Base: TKB Trading
* Chromaflair Colorant: Spectraflair4u





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...