Monday, February 24, 2014

Ruby White Tips - Mystery Polish

*Product was purchased by me at a blogger discount*
*However, all opinions are my own*

Man, weekends just fly by don't they? Wish my Mondays flew by as fast! But at least I get to finish my Sundays off with the Walking Dead! Is anyone else a fan? This is one of the few shows that my fiancé and I watch religiously every week. But I digress from my Mondays, and ultimately from the last awesome polish pretty I have to show you today!

I got this polish from the maker Laura as a kind of experiment  (or prototype?) to swatch. She described it as a "kind of duo chrome with blue sparkles." What Laura did say was that when you get a mystery box, you too could get a mystery color with your name on it that may not be for regular sale. Cool right?! So, let's check out this mystery polish shall we?






Next couple of photos show one coat of the mystery polish over a dark blue Sally Hansen Insta-Dry Shimmer that I cant' remember the name of ( sorry :^/). Also, sorry for the fact that I wasn't polishing carefully. Let's just call this my unintentional ruffian, yes? Yes! 


Fuzzy shot, CLEARLY duochrome!

The base color of this polish is mainly a metallic icy purple with blue fleck shimmer. But oh that shift! The polish shifts to a slightly darker purple, to a warmer pink, and finally, a little gold. Gorgeous! Formula was opaque in two thick coats and swatches show that plus one coat of Glisten & Glow HK Girl Top Coat. I had no problems polishing this shade alone but again, did have a minor problem when trying to do a thin coat over another base color. I still think a couple drops of thinner will fix this entirely. 

Well that's all for today's mystery polish, see you around next time for some franken creations! But until then, remember to keep it classy and creative!

xo

Also, don't forget to check out Ruby White Tips on:
Etsy


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...