Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Cocoa

Hello my dears! Hope everyone is having an awesome day and is ready to celebrate Thanksgiving (for those who do celebrate). I like turkey, but I am all about those sides. Mashed potatoes, stuffing, sweet potato casserole, self control be damned I tell you! What do you guys like best about Thanksgiving? Tell me I'm not the only side dish floozy around here.

As for the polish, today's is super simple and I think you will totally dig the result. I started by filling 3/4 of a mini bottle's worth of TKB Glamour Base (that would be the clear base great for suspending glitters). I then added about one and a half scoops of MAC's blue brown pigment, a red toned brown with medium blue sheen (swatch here), and 2 small scoops of Wonder Beauty Products Prismatic Platinum holo powder for some sweet sweet linear goodness! You will have to forgive me, I seem to have forgotten both the ingredient and bottle shot. I'm sorry :^/


Lightbox

Full sunlight

Full sunlight

Swatches show two coats and no top coat. The holo flame is very apparent and much more linear in real life. Formula was easy and did dry down to a satin finish. The medium sheen in the pigment gave the polish a little bit of complexity in the shade to keep the color from falling flat on it's face. Dry time was actually rather quick!

Well, that's all for today my loves. Have a safe and wonderful holiday and see you back next time for more franken goodness! But until then, remember to always keep it classy and creative!

xo

Today's Supplies Are From:
* Glamour Base: TKB Trading
* MAC Blue Brown Pigment: I bought mine from the Dillard's in my local mall
* Prismatic Platinum Illusion Powder: Wonder Beauty Products



4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I'm all about the sides too! Hope you have a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lovely athankyou :) Hope yours was awesome and full of sides!

      Delete
  2. LOLOLOLOL!!! Side dish floozy!!! And I'm sorry, but did you realize that you have creative a polish that looks like sweet potato souffle?? Was that on purpose?? :) Lovely, sparkling souffle sounds mighty tasty. Have a Happy Thanksgiving! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet potatoes are my favorite side so I don't even know how I missed the color match up! Hope your holiday was a great one!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...