Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Marmalade

Hello my dears! Halfway through the week so far and this week has been crazy! Anyone else? Bring on the weekend because I am ready to relax like it's going out of style. Out of style like layering scrunchy socks and overalls with one of the straps undone. Goodness gracious those were terrible… ugh.

Anywho, let's move onto the polish shall we? I decided I didn't have enough oranges, mostly because oranges TERRIFY me, so I wanted to change it up a little bit. I started off with about 3/4 of a mini bottle's worth of TKB Luster Base. I then added one small scoop of TKB EZB International Orange Powder pigment (which is a neon orange with yellow undertones) and a few drops of TKB Black Nail Polish colorant to darken up the base. Next, I added one medium scoop of Glitter Unique's Red-Gold Micro Flakies (which are actually more of a coral to gold color). Finally, I added a scoop and a half of Glitter Unique's .008 Orange Holo Hexes.






Swatches show three coats and one coat of Glisten & Glow HK Girl Fast Dry Top Coat. I like how the shade of orange is more mid toned and therefore not EYEBALL SEARING. The microflakies add an almost foil like depth. I dig it. Orange still scares me and I'm still not sure it's for me. But, I dig it. The base is nice and jelly like but that does mean that more you have to watch for VNL. Formula was easy and there was no dragging or balding!

Well that's all for today my loves! See you back next time for more franken adventures! But until then, remember to keep it classy and creative!

xo

Today's Supplies Are From:
* Luster Base, Black Nail Polish Colorant, and TKB International Orange: TKB Trading
* .008 Orange Holo Hexes and Red-Gold Micro Flakies: Glitter Unique



4 comments:

  1. I actually have a lot of oranges but nothing like this pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Do you think all your oranges have anything to do with you being a Denver fan? ;^)

      Delete
  2. Goodness gracious! Pass the toast! This looks good enough to eat! Orange frightens the tar out of me unless it's on a biscuit. :D This is really lovely though, and it looks very pretty on you. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're too kind! Hopefully I can get to a point where I am more comfortable wearing shades like this. I think I'll stick to putting it on toast for now ;^)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...