Friday, February 7, 2014

Burnt Leaves

It's Friday! I for one, intend to enjoy my week's conclusion with a glass of wine. Glass… bottle…. whatever; who's counting? But rather than drag you down with the stressors that were my week, how's about we just go straight into it? Eh eh eh?

I started today's polish with 2/3 of a mini bottle's worth of TKB Luster Base. I then added about 1/4 of a mini bottle's worth of Color Club Rebel Spirit (which I found from a random set at Ross). Next, I added 2 medium scoops of TKB Gold Flakies and one medium scook of TKB Mo Betta Brown Glitter. Finally, I added 2 small scoops of Glitter Unique's Sparkling Taupe Micro Flakies






Swatches show two thick coats of flake goodness plus top coat. Thanks to the darker medium brown base, the flakies were able to shine through while the sparkling taupe micro flakes helped to add an illuminating depth. Formula was very easy with minimal placing of the flakies and coverage was pretty decent. I don't reach for browns often, but I can definitely see myself reaching for this. It's not your run of the mill boring brown. What do you think?

Well, that's all for today my dears! Have a wonderful weekend! Hope to see you around soon, I just got some new supplies that I am SUPER excited to show you! But until then, remember to keep it classy and creative!

xo

Today's Supplies Are From:
* TKB Luster Base, Gold Flakies, and Mo Betta Brown Glitter: TKB Trading
* Sparkling Taupe Micro Flakies: Glitter Unique
* Colo Club Rebel Spirit: Random set found at Ross



3 comments:

  1. You keep outdoing yourself over and over. This is outstanding! The next time you have a stressful week, just imagine yourself falling into a leaf pile that looks like THIS, and your cares will surely melt away! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't automatically go for browns either, but this is beyond gorgeous. I love the contrast of the flakies against the deep browns.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...